If you’re looking for a quick and tasty snack, mini-grinder sandwiches are a great option. Grinder sandwiches are perfect for a party, a picnic, or just a quick bite on the go.
This recipe is a versatile and easy-to-make option for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or looking for a quick and delicious lunch, this recipe has got you covered. Firstly, the recipe allows you to use different types of bread, such as mini rolls, ciabatta or baguette, to suit your preference. Secondly, you can customize the sandwiches by choosing your favorite deli meats and cheese, such as roast beef and provolone or ham and Swiss. Additionally, you can make the recipe ahead of time and store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them. Lastly, while baking the sandwiches isn’t necessary, it adds an extra layer of flavor and texture that is hard to resist. Overall, this recipe is a great option for anyone looking for a delicious and customizable sandwich option.
What is a Grinder Sandwich?
Grinder sandwiches, also known as submarine sandwiches or simply “subs,” are a type of sandwich that is typically made with a long roll filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, and a tasty mayo-based slaw. These sandwiches went viral on TikTok for their combination of layered meats and delicious creamy lettuce slaw! Grinder sandwiches can be compared to a Blimpie Sandwich.
Ingredients You’ll Need (See Full Recipe Below)
- Deli Meat
- Rolls- I used mini brioche buns, but you can also use Hawaiian rolls for the recipe
- Iceburg Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Banana Peppers
How to Make this recipe (See Recipe Below)
To make these mini grinder sandwiches, preheat your oven to 350°F. Next, slice the mini rolls in half lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet. Then, layer the deli meats and cheese on the bottom half of the roll. After that, make the grinder slaw. Then, make the honey-butter dill mixture, brush it on the top of the buns and bake. Add your grinder mixture to the middle.
Why everyone loves this recipe
- It is affordable – Now, affordable is subjective, especially with groceries being sky-high, but this recipe is budget-friendly! You can use whichever meats or cheeses you have on hand! In comparison to the price of chicken wings, this recipe will have you saving coins!
- It’s perfect for crowds. Are you looking for a family-friendly meal? This dish is a total crowd-pleaser! Even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy these sliders! When you serve this dish you’ll be crowned the hostess with the mostess!
- It’s packed with flavor – After eating one bite of these sandwiches, you won’t be paying attention to the game!
FAQ for Mini Grinder Sandwiches
“When should I add the grinder slaw to the sandwiches?”
The grinder salad slaw gets added to the sandwiches at the very end once the top and bottom part of the buns are baked!
“What kind of buns can I use?“
I prefer using mini brioche buns as they are slightly larger than Hawaiian rolls. You can find these at the bakery section of your local supermarket. If you can’t find them, Hawaiian rolls can also be used as an alternative. As a last resort, you can use hamburger buns.
Mini Grinder Sandwiches
- 24 mini brioche buns You can also use Hawaiian Rolls.
- ½ lb turkey meat
- ½ lb ham
- ½ lb pepperoni
- ½ lb salami
- ½ lb provolone cheese
For the Grinder Salad
- 1½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp submarine dressing
- ¼ cup parmesean
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup banana peppers chopped
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- 1 small iceberg lettuce head shredded
Dill Butter Sauce
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dill chopped fine
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the mini rolls or dinner rolls in half horizontally.
- Place the bottom halves of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Add the cheese and deli meats to the bottom halves of the roll ensuring the cheese is the bottom layer.
- Bake the rolls in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are warmed through.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the grinder salad by combining mayo, red wine vinegar, honey, spices, banana peppers, dijon mustard, and submarine dressing.
- Once the rolls are finished baking, remove them from the oven and spread the honey butter dill sauce on the top halves of the rolls.
- Return the rolls to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 or until the top halves of the rolls are golden brown and crispy.
- Assemble the mini grinder sandwiches by placing a spoonful of the grinder salad on top of the deli meats.
- Serve the mini grinder sandwiches!