If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for game day, special occasions, or even just a get-together with friends, then look no further than Crab Rangoon Dip!
This dip is a crowd-pleaser, and it’s easy to make too. All you need are a few simple ingredients, including cream cheese, crab meat, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Mix it all together, bake it in the oven, and voila! You’ve got yourself a tasty dip that’s perfect for any occasion.
One of the best things about this dip is that it’s so versatile. You can serve it with crackers, chips, or even veggies if you’re feeling healthy. It’s also a great option for those who are gluten-free, as it’s naturally free of gluten.
What are Crab Rangoons?
Crab Rangoons are a popular appetizer in American-Chinese cuisine. They are small, crispy fried wonton wrappers filled with cream cheese and crab meat. These tasty treats are often served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Why everyone loves this recipe:
– There’s so much flavorful: The creamy cheese combined with the sweet kani crab is a match made in food heaven! Anyone who tries this will surely love it!
– It’s perfect for crowds: I love dishes that impress people, and this Crab Rangoon dip will have everyone oohing and aahing! It’s also visually pleasing!
– Super easy to make: The hardest part about this recipe is not eating all of it before serving! It’s irresistible! All you need to do is mix the ingredients and bake it!”
Ingredients You’ll Need (Full Recipe Below)
Crab Meat (I like to use imitation crab for this recipe, but you can use fresh crab meat too!
Sweet Chili Sauce
Cooking oil Spray
FAQ for Crab Rangoon Dip
Q: Can I make the dip ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the Crab Rangoon Dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before baking to ensure even cooking.
Q: Can the dip be served the dip cold?
A: Yes! The dip can actually be eaten cold!
Q: What can I serve with Crab Rangoon Dip?
A: This dip is delicious with crackers, chips, or even fresh veggies. You can also serve it with wonton chips or even wonton wrappers that have been fried until crispy.
Q: Is Crab Rangoon Dip gluten-free?
A:It’s not only gluten-free due to the use of wonton wrappers. However, you can make a gluten-free version by substituting the wonton wrappers with gluten-free crackers or chips.
Q: How long does Crab Rangoon Dip last?
A: Crab Rangoon Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Crab Rangoon Dip
- 12oz Imitation Crab Meat or Kani (Shredded) You can also use fresh Crab Meat!
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 1¾ cup Mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worchestchire
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup white cheddar shredded
- ½ cup parmesean cheese shredded
For the Wonton Chips
- 1 pack Wonton Wrappers
- 1 can cooking oil spray
- 1 cup Sweet chili Sauce
- scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the room temperature cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Whisk or hand mix the mixture until it is well blended. Then, add in the green onions, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder and Sriracha sauce.
- Mix the white cheddar, half of the mozzarella (save the rest for layering), and Parmesan. Combine until well mixed. Add the shredded imitation crab meat and mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the mixture is bubbly.
- While the dip is baking, prepare the wonton wrappers by cutting them into triangles and placing them on a baking sheet. Spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake the wonton chips at 400 degrees° for about 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the dip immediately with the wonton chips and brush sweet chili sauce on top of the dip, garnish with scallions!