Are you a fan of Chipotle’s famous steak bowls? Craving that juicy and flavorful steak but don’t feel like heading out to the restaurant? Look no further than this copycat Chipotle steak recipe that you can easily make at home. With simple ingredients and an easy-to-follow process, you can have a delicious and foolproof steak that’s almost identical to the real thing. Not only will you save money by making it at home, but you’ll also have the satisfaction of nailing one of your favorite restaurant recipes
What is Carne Asada?
Carne asada is a Spanish term that translates to “grilled meat.” It typically refers to a marinated and grilled flank or skirt steak that’s popular in Mexican and Southwestern cuisine. The meat is usually sliced thin and used in tacos, and burritos, or served as a main course with rice and beans.
What Kind of Steak Can I use?
- Sirloin– steak is a great option for this recipe as it is tender and flavorful.
- Flank steak is another popular choice for Carne Asada, known for its rich beefy flavor.
- Skirt steak is also a great option for this recipe, as it is lean and flavorful, and it cooks quickly.
Why everyone loves this Copycat Chipotle Steak recipe
- The meat is so juicy- If you looking for a great chipotle at-home recipe that is 10x better than the original, the juiciness of the meat makes this the perfect choice. This recipe calls for sirloin making it so much better.
- Versatility: This recipe is highly versatile and can be served in a variety of ways. You can serve it in a burrito or taco, on top of a salad, or even as a main course with a side of rice and beans. The possibilities are endless, making it a go-to recipe for any occasion.
- Easy to Make: The carne asada chipotle copycat recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients that are readily available in most grocery stores. The preparation time is relatively short, and the cooking process is straightforward, making it a perfect recipe for busy weeknights or last-minute dinner parties.
Let’s Make Chipotle Steak at home with Toni Chapman @themoodyfoody
Ingredients Youll Need (Full Recipe Below)
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lime Juice
Faq about this recipe
- What kind of steak can I use for this recipe?
You can use sirloin, flank or skirt steak for this copycat Chipotle recipe. Any of these cuts will work well as long as they are sliced thinly against the grain.
- What is chipotle sauce in adobo peppers?
Chipotle sauce is a smoky, spicy sauce made from pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Adobo sauce is a tangy and slightly sweet sauce made from dried chili peppers, vinegar, and spices that’s commonly used in Mexican cuisine.
- How can I store this steak?
Store the cooked steak in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you want to freeze it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- What does this steak pair with?
This steak pairs well with a variety of sides, such as rice, beans, roasted vegetables, or a simple salad. You can also serve it in tacos or burritos with your favorite toppings like guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
- How long do I cook the steak?
For medium-rare steak, cook the steak for about 3-4 minutes per side on high heat. If you prefer your steak to be well-done, cook it for up to 6-7 minutes per side. Remember to let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing it to retain its juices.
If you love this recipe, please leave a review! Reviews are how I can continue to grow as a creator and recipe blogger! I also love feedback! Thank you!
Copycat Chipotle Steak
- 1 7oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ½ juice of lime
- 2 tsps chipotle powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chipotle peppers, red wine vinegar, honey, oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place the steak in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the steak. Save 1/4 cup of the marinade at set aside for later.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and shake off any excess.
- Sear the steak in a large, oiled-up skillet on high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove.
- Let the steak rest briefly before slicing it thinly against the grain. Then, cubing it.
- Add cubed steak in the same skillet, with 1 tbsp of the reserved marinade, and saute for 20-30 seconds on high heat.
- Serve with your favorite sides, such as rice, beans, roasted vegetables, or tacos or burritos with your favorite toppings.