If you are looking to make a classic holiday favorite, this is the perfect recipe for you! Coquito is a classic holiday cocktail that I grew up on. Like egg nog, it’s a thick and creamy holiday treat served mainly from Thanksgiving to Christmas but can be enjoyed year around. Coquito is a decadent treat, and some say- the creaminess from the milk distracts you from the rum… so in other words, be careful…. this drink can and will sneak up on you!
Coquito is a great holiday gift for friends or coworkers. Every year, I make a huge batch and give it to my loved ones. It’s a way to spread holiday cheer that’s unique and memorable!
Why everyone loves this recipe:
- It’s Strong- My Coquito recipe is famous because it does what it needs to do! Drink responsibly!
- It’s Versatile- You can add anything to the coquito. Some add pumpkin puree, pistachio flavoring and even Nutella; as always, put your spin on it!
- It’s Easy– This recipe is genuinely foolproof and beginner friendly. The ingredients are affordable, and you can turn around a delicious side in 30 minutes!
Key Ingredients for the perfect Coquito
Dark Rum– This is highly controversial but I prefer to use dark rum for my coquito. While you can use light rum, the dark rum adds a hint of sweetness and spice that really takes the coquito up a notch!
Cream of Coconut– The cream of coconut is one of the essential ingredients in this recipe because it makes the coquito thick and creamy. Here is a direct link to the cream of coconut if you are unable to find it in a store near you! CREAM OF COCONUT
Sweet Condensed Milk– This is what makes your Coquito sweet! Make sure you use every drop in the can! P.S- I recently swapped the regular sweet condensed milk for the Dulce De Leche version, and it was a game changer. If you’ve made Coquito before, I would recommend this hack!
I love making cocktails; check out my other cocktail recipes!
- 1.5 can Dark Rum My preference for Rum is Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, or, Bacardi Dark Gold
- 1 can Sweet condensed milk 14 oz can
- 1 can Evaporated Milk 12 oz can
- 1 can Coconut Milk 13.5 oz can
- 1 can Cream of coconut 15 oz can
- 2 tsps Ground Cinnamon I always add more if needed
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a blender, blend all of your ingredients besides your rum for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour rum into blended mixture slowly.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Shake before serving. Serve Ice cold.