Buffalo wings” meet “Lemon pepper wings” in this heavenly recipe, creating a perfect match. If you’re searching for a scrumptious appetizer to serve during the Super Bowl, then these wings are an excellent choice. The best part is that you can cook them in three different ways: deep-fried, baked, or air-fried, and the technique remains consistent regardless of the cooking method.”
Why everyone loves this Wing Recipe
It’s Flavorful- If you’re looking for a tasty and crowd-pleasing wing recipe, then this is the one for you! These wings are legit, with a zesty flavor from the lemon pepper and a buttery element from the buffalo sauce. They’re definitely flavorful and sure to impress your guests.
They are super crunchy– Whether you deep fry them, bake them, or airfry them, the baking powder in this recipe will make the wings crispy!
They are perfect for families- These lemon pepper buffalo wings are perfect for feeding large crowds and families. Combining the flavors of two classic wing recipes creates a delicious and crowd-pleasing dish.
Ingredients for the Lemon Pepper Buffalo Wings
- Hot Sauce
- Unsalted Butter
- Worcestchire Sauce
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Making them in the Airfryer
I have found that the air fryer is great for cooking wings. To ensure they come out perfectly crispy, follow these steps: First, spray your wings with cooking oil. Then, cook them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flip them, spray them again, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Making them in the oven
Baking chicken wings in the oven is the ideal method for serving large groups of people. To ensure the wings remain crispy, it’s essential to use a baking rack. This allows the juices to drain to the bottom of the pan, resulting in extra crispy wings.
Making them in the Deep Fryer
If you want your wings extra crunchy, juicy, and hot, my favorite method is to dry them. While this won’t save you any time or calories, these wings are the best and most savory when fried.
Lemon Pepper Buffalo Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings patted dry
- 3 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsps lemon pepper Seasoning
For the Buffalo Sauce
- ⅔ cup hot sauce I like Louisiana or crystals
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsps Worchestchire
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
For the Dry Batter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsps baking powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsps cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps salt
For the Lemon Pepper Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup buffalo wings
- 2 tsps lemon pepper seasoning I prefer non salted
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by melting the butter. Pour in hot sauce, Vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. Melt everything together and let it cool.
- Pat dry the wings and coat them in a mixture of 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce, dijon mustard, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Next, prepare the dry mixture. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch and seasonings.
- Coat the chicken wings with the dry mixture and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray the wings generously with cooking oil spray and place them on a baking rack. Bake the wings for 25 minutes or until they are crispy. Using a baking rack will ensure that the juices flow down and the wings will be crispy on all sides. Once done, enjoy your crispy wings as a snack or as part of a meal.
- Coat the wings with sauce and then sprinkle them with lemon pepper seasoning.