Honey Butter Cornbread is one of the best sides of all time!
Using just a few pantry staples, you can make this soft, moist, buttery cornbread in 30 minutes!
Having lived in the south for 9 years- I can make cornbread with my eyes closed. I’ve worked on this cornbread recipe for years, and it is perfect. Unlike many cornbread recipes, this recipe focuses on keeping the cornbread soft and moist, so whether you eat right away or save for later, you can guarantee magic in each bite! Make this for friends and family with caution because after they try this delicious honey butter cornbread, they’ll beg you to make it all the time!
Why everyone loves this recipe
- It’s Moist- The creamed corn is the secret ingredient of this recipe and ensures the cornbread stays nice and soft during baking.
- It’s Versatile- You can add just about anything to this recipe. Bacon, jalapenos, and cheddar are just a few extras you can add to the mixture to jazz it up!
- It’s Easy– This recipe is genuinely foolproof and beginner friendly. The ingredients are affordable, and you can turn around a delicious side in 30 minutes!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this Cornbread
- Yellow Cornmeal
- All-purpose flour
- White Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Creamed corn
- Vegetable Oil
Let’s make Honey Butter Cornbread with @themoodyfoody Toni Chapman
💕🤗Thanksgiving recipe series begins with Honey Butter Cornbread which is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. This recipe is easy because the cornbread is moist and its super easy to make. Try it out. Stayed tuned for epidode 2 #cornbread #honeybutter #honeybuttercornbread #thanksgiving #thanksgivingsides #thanksgivingsidedishes #holidayrecipes #thanksgiving #thanksgivingrecipes♬ Sunday – HNNY
FAQ of Making Honey Butter Cornbread
1. Can I substitute yellow cornmeal with a different type?
Sure, feel free to experiment with different types of cornmeal. Just keep in mind that the texture and flavor may vary.
2. Can I use a different pan instead of a cast iron skillet?
Absolutely! You can use a baking pan of your choice. Adjust the baking time accordingly if the pan size differs from the recommended one.
3. Can I reduce the amount of sugar for a less sweet cornbread?
Certainly, adjust the sugar according to your taste preferences. You can start by reducing the sugar and then fine-tuning it in future batches.
4. How do I know when the cornbread is done baking?
Insert a wooden pick into the center, and if it comes out clean or with a few crumbs (not wet batter), your cornbread is ready. It usually takes around 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Can I make this recipe without a cast iron skillet or baking pan?
Yes, you can experiment with muffin tins for individual servings or other oven-safe dishes. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
6. How long can I store the cornbread, and is there a special method for storing it?
Wrap the cornbread in an airtight container to maintain its freshness. It should stay good for a few days at room temperature. If you want to keep it longer, consider freezing it for an extended shelf life.
Honey Butter Cornbread
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can creamed corn 15 oz
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your cast iron skillet or baking pan
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, creamed corn, oil, and egg. mix well.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Your cornbread is ready if you insert a wooden pick in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
For honey butter
- Melt butter and honey and drizzle over cornbread
- wrap in an air tight container
- enjoy and use whenever needed