So, I posted this Loaded Baked Potato Soup on themoodyfoody TikTok, and Instagram, and you guys made it go VIRAL. This soup is creamy, full of flavor, and easy to make. Thousands of people have tried my recipe and claim it’s not only the best Loaded Baked Potato Soup they’ve had but the best soup in general. I love anything loaded and potato, so this soup is a hit in my house! This serves about 4-5 people comfortably, but if you’re a big eater like myself (lol), feel free to double the recipe!
Why everyone loves this Loaded Baked Potato Soup;
- It’s easy to make: No, seriously. This is been a recipe that children can make! Minimal ingredients, easy steps, and it’s pretty fun!
- It’s perfect for families: This soup is an amazing soup for crowds. Everyone loves this soup and it pairs well with garlic bread, and or even fried chicken (trust me, its delicious) lol!
- It’s affordable: The average cost to make this soup is about $25, and you yield 6-8 servings which isn’t bad in this economy!
Lets Make it Together on Tiktok! Follow @themoodyfoody on Tiktok!
@themoodyfoody cheesy bacon loaded baked potato soup ??? #dinnerdate #fallrecipes ♬ Sensual Seduction – Snoop Dogg
Tips to making the perfect Loaded Baked Potato Soup;
- Follow the recipe closely: This recipe is tried and tested by thousands of people! It’s straight to the point and easy!
- Get good ingredients: The soup consists mainly of potatoes, cream, butter, bacon, and cheese. Using better-quality ingredients will go a long way. I like to shred my cheese for this recipe and use thick-sliced bacon!
- Nail your Roux: A roux combines equal parts flour and fat (in this recipe, we will use butter). Roux’s are common in Southern, Cajun, and Soul Food dishes because they help thicken sauces and, sometimes, they add flavor. When making a roux, your fat is added and melted, and then you stir or whisk in flour. For optimal results, your roux should be thick and smooth. If your roux is clumpy, the ratio of ingredients is imbalanced. You can correct this by adding tbsps of chicken broth, one at a time, to thin your roux.
Want to watch a video of themoodyfoody Loaded Baked potato soup. Check it out on TikTok!
Don’t have TikTok? Watch it here!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 3 lbs potatoes peeled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar freshly grated
- 1 lb bacon thick sliced
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- salt, pepper, adobo to taste
- Peel 3 lbs of potatoes. Set aside
- Cook bacon in a large pot, remove, and add Garlic scallions and flour to the same pot making a roux. (A roux is a thick flour base for your soup)
- Pour in chicken. broth, heavy cream, milk and seasonings. Stir.
- Toss in potatoes. (Your liquid should cover the potatoes slightly) If needed, add or remove milk at this point
- Cook on medium heat 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft
- Stir in cheese and simmer on low heat
- Serve hot and load it up with sour cream, scallions and bacon!